What could be the protrusion on the left side of my neck ?

i have a gilti type of thing on left side of my neck.what should be the reason.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Boss this gilthi may be due to increased TLC or may be Tuberculer node beware go for FNAC of gilthi.follow a medicine doctor.u will get cured.
a_k227@yahoo.com
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
There are many lymph nodes in our body and they can get inflammed due to some sort of infection like tuberculosis;boils;infection of any part.Also few lymph nodes are palpable in slim people and they are mainly felt in neck region so that may be a gilti you are feeling.The difference between the normal and infection related gilti is the gilti due to infection will be painful and may increase in size the normal one will be painless and remain as it is so if the gilti is painless no reason to worry.
Thanks

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.