What could be the nodules on the right side of the neck ?

I have discovered 4-5 nodules on the right side of my neck . One larger and the others very tiny. They do not hurt. What can they be?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Feb 2012
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Common causes for multiple cervical lymph nodes are tuberculosis,lymphoma,metastasis etc.You must get CBC,peripheral blood smear,x-ray chest and FNAC done.If these tests don't reveal anything then ideal test will be surgical excision of a node and it's biopsy.Biopsy will establish the exact diagnosis and then the treatment can be planned accordingly.Thanks and good luck.
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. M Agarwal's  Response
Hello. welcome to HCM.
Multiple painless nodules on lateral side of neck are most likely lymph nodes. The cause of these enlargements need to be investigated by FNAC. they can be infective or non infective (reactive or neoplastic). Based on results of FNAC, the clinician will decide further course of action. A lot can be said by their nature based on physical examination findings. so you must visit a clinician for an accurate diagnosis.
take care