What could be the cause of popping leading to numbness in left part of the head in a person with metal plate in the head ?

Hi my wife 3 hours ago,Felt like something popped in her head.She has massive headache ,her left side of head is numb she took some powdered asperin is she ok. Also she has metal plate in her head,Due to bicycle accident as kid had it readjusted at young age.She is now 44 is this sign of heatstroke,Or anything serious.Shes asleep right now hate to wake here up unless it something serious..
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011