What could be the cause of not getting labor pains after having crossed expected date of delivery ?

my friend has crossed expected date of delivery why is she not getting labour pains my friend is 24 years old.gestational age 36 weeks . she has crossed expected date of delivery no antepartem complications so why is she not getting labour pains?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Hi Madhuri
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
There could many reasons for that.It is not compulsory that one should deliver at 36 weeks .There are women who carry pregnancy till 40 weeks also.It could be possible that her dates are wrongly calculated.It is recommended for her to get a check up done and be in reach of medical help , as she can expect signs of delivery anytime.