What could be the cause of nails completly breaking off from hands and toe and new nails coming up ?

Hi, My son is 6 year quite problems as such..around 20kg of weight. But since from past 2 mnths , we found that one after the other the nails of him are completly breaking off and new nail coming up..even toes nails same problem. till now 3 new nails have come up and few more breaking off including toes.. Can you pls help me in knowing the cause as such problem we have never heard or seen off.. If its any kind of deficiency..pls let me know how can we overcome ... thanks.. VNR
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011