What could be the cause of missed periods with symptoms of pregnancy and negative pregnancy test ?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year now. My last period was December 9th, 2011. My next period was suppose to be January 6th, 2012.... but it never came. I was happy but when I took a pregnancy test it was negative. My next period was suppose to be February 3rd, 2012.... But it never came either and another pregnancy test came up negative. I have lower backaches , tender boobs, sometimes I feel nauseous, Im tired but I am always sleepy, I have been using the bathroom more frequently, its kinda tight bellow my belly button, and I started spotting this really light brown substance Sunday (January 29th, 2012) but (January 30th, 2012) I don t have any spotting? I m so confused. I only spotted that one day and it was super light. My husband and I have sex everyother day, like I said we are trying to concieve... I talked to my friend AAAAAAA about this and she said that I could be. Because, she didn t find out she was pregnant until she was 3 months. Her body didn t produce the HCG hormone . So I don t know if I am or not. So do you think I am pregnant, or not?! Please please please HELP!!! Thanks so much
Asked On : Sun, 19 Feb 2012
A negative pregnancy test can rule out pregnancy quite reliably.A missed period and symptoms that you suggest can be due to many other causes, like stress and anxiety, hormonal imbalance etc. Although there is a possibility of a light period continuing till a woman is 3 months pregnant,as could have been the case with your friend,a negative pregnancy test almost confirms there is no pregnancy.You could get an ultrasound if you are still in doubt.
As it has been a year since you've been trying, you should consult your gynecologist for investigations of husbands semen and your ovulation and status of tubes.