What could be the cause of lump between the temple and the eye with inner and outer ear infection ?

hi my girl friend has and extremely painful inner and outer ear infection so bad in fact i just got her back to sleep after waking in a crying frenzy i gave her a heated towel to put on it and gave her the med s that she was prescribed and it helped enough to let her fall asleep again.. but as i was consoling her or comforting her i noticed a fairly mid size hard non-visible lump between her right temple and right eye and when applying little presser as i was sliding my fingers across when i noticed she complained of pain from the region but had no knowledge of the lump it self till i broke word s with her about it.. also it is her right ear that is infected.. so i would assume that it could be and probably is a result of the ear being swollen and or infected and not the result of a tumor .. but then again i m not a doctor and this is why i am consulting with you..
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012