What could be the cause of itchy and tingly bumps in the private area post shaving ?

Hello, Wednesday I noticed that my private area was really itchy. This isn t a surprise for me as I shave my pubic hair and occasionally get ingrown hairs. So I ignored it until i noticed about 4 bumps in my private area, not inside my vagina but outside. They tingled and itches a little. Everyday after that it got worse and worse so Friday I went to the ER and I was diagnosed with folliculitis and given clindamycin to treat the staph infection. Doctor said it wasn t herpes because it doesn t hurt to touch them. So I m on day 2 of the foundation and I can t tell the difference. There have been more bumps that are popping up and it is starting to become uncomfortable to wear underwear because there are sooo many bumps. Am I being impatient or is there something else I can do for relief? I tried vinegar but it hurt soo bad wont be doing that again.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012