What could be the cause of increased creatinine levels in a diabetic ?

Hi, Age: 59 Creatinine : 1.4 My in law has undergone an Angioplasty last year. He was admitted to hospital last week due to cough and kapha. he has been asked to nebulize 3 times a day. There we came to know his creatinine levels are high. When admitted it was 1.9 it has reduced now to 1.4. He is diabetic and does not follow any food diet. He takes insulin 30-0-12 per day. KFT has been done and has been advised again. Is there any problem in his kidney?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012