What could be the cause of delay in periods as the pregnancy tests are negative ?

I am 24, 3weeks late for my period . Am sexually active but am not aware of any specific accidents where I may have become pregnant . I have taken 7 pregnancy tests including a hospital test and several digital ones, all have come back negative. The only other symptom I have is extremely sore nipples , they hurt even when water in the shower touches them it s awful. I was stressed around the time my last period was due but feel better now (despite this worry) I also work shifts a combination of days/nights in a fairly stressful environment. Could I still be pregnant If not what could be wrong? Please help
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012