What could be the cause of cough followed by rapid heart beat and rise in temperature in a child ?

my daughter is 6yrs old and she stared coughing on saturday morning(yesturday) and i saw that normal for her cus when she starts a cough it then goes away without any problem less than 3 days. well this time i am little bit concern cus she was sleeping and was a little bit cranky so i calm her down by tapping her on her chest .(that is her way that she likes it). when i was doing that i felt that her heart was pounding really fast and i started counting the beats and it was 130 beats per minute .she would awake and say that her heart hurts a little bit when she coughs.(this was around 3:30 am today)then later on around 7am i took her tempeerature and it was 100.4 F . what should i do?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011