What could be the cause and remedy for severe rectal pain, abdominal cramps with diarrhoea in a pregnant ?

Hi. I am 28 weeks pregnant and woke up with severe pain in my rectum and lower abdominal cramps . The pains come in waves especially when Im standing or walking. It hurts when going from standing to sitting but once I am sitting down the pain slowly subsides. I have had 4 bowel movements today already, with the last time being diahorrea. My midwife reckoned this morning I have maybe just been over doing it and to take it easy but after 4 hours of rest so far it doesn t seem to be getting any better. Can you please help?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012