What could be the cause and remedy for difficulty in gaining natural muscle in one with carpal tunnel ?

i just got back from the chiropractor and he told me i have carpal tunnel . He had asked me about my fitness levels i am 18 and female and i do at least 30 min of jogging (2.5-4mi) 3-5 times a week and sometimes i follow up with a sport ( basketball or racquetball). He felt my arms for muscle and said i really didn t have any and suggested that maybe my hormone levels were low and i can t gain muscle as easily as a normal person, but because he doesn t specialize in that he cannot diagnose anything. What could be a possible fix or explanation as to why i am not gaining small amounts of natural muscle?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Feb 2012