What could be reasons for menstruating twice in a month ?

my period came on twice last month why is that
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011
It is common in so many women to have periods twice in a month.there are plenty of reasons for this like hormonal of infection or tension .
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Frequent periods is called Polymenorrhoea. It can happen due to ovarian disorders, stress, being on contraceptive pills etc. You need to get evaluated to rule out Ovarian cysts, get a PAP smear and also a thorough examination to rule out other possible causes.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Lawanda, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
How old are you? Since how long do you have this Problem? Do you have abdominal pain or abnormal vaginal bleeding? You should be seeing a Gynecologist and get yourself examined so that she can examine you and suggest few tests like Pelvic Ultrasound, Colposcopy and Blood Work up to rule out if you have Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Fibroids or Endometriosis. The treatment will depend upon the cause. Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and Green leafy vegetables. Avoid stress, exercise regularly and Maintain a healthy weight. Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope i have answered your query, I will be available to answer your Follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
This just started i have pain in my lower back and sometimes in my lower stomach. My period went off the beginning of this month and hasn't came back on yet. I mean could I be pregnant