What could be cause of getting medicine smell while drinking or eating food ?

Hello Docs, I 23 yrs of age male ..i have a prob that when i drink water i feel like taking medicine as the smell of medicine comes but the water is ok as all dont have the complain of water sometimes also while taking food if gas comes out i feel the smell like medicine as if digene or some other what are the reasons pls help me out.,.,,..,
Asked On : Fri, 2 Dec 2011
Good Morning, it sounds like you have some disturbance in smell sensation while drinking water. This disturbance in smell could be from various reasons, commonly dental problems, irregularities in dietary regime, more fatty foods in diet or sometimes acid reflux symptoms can cause this odd sensation of smell. It is advisable you consult a dentist at first instance, if all clear from him then see a Physician.