What could be a pea-sized lump on the right side of rib under the breast which is not painful ?

I have a pea-sized lump on a ribb my right side, just under the breast . It is hard and round. Not painful. It appeared quite suddenly, a couple of weeks ago while I was on vacation. I thought it was a bug bite at first, but it did not go away, so I saw a phys assitant at my dermatologist s office last Friday. She immediately scheduled me for a mammogram and ultrasound . I have that scheduled Monday and an appointment with my GP on Tues. In the meantime, I am freaked out. I find lots of instances on the web about people with this issue, but no real possibilities ... of course, I have decided that I am doomed...:-)...I am a 67 year old VERY HEALTHY and active woman. Have never had any medical issues at all.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Feb 2012