What could a swollen, painful lump in the chest be?

about four days ago, I was bathing and i came across a lump right below my chest actually in the middle of my chest. as i was feeling it, i noticed that the lump hurt to the touch and it is swollen. what could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
thanks for your query.
A swollen lump on the chest can be anything from infectious to malignant lump.
You must have elaborated the exact site. What I think is you must go for fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) of the lump. The report will tell you the exact nature of it. The treatment will be further decided based on the report.
Meanwhile you may take a course of broad spectrum antibiotic and see whether it resolves or not....

Best wishes