What corrective action should be taken after drinking boiling water ?

Hi, Myself Vishal.Yesterday while drinking water i accidently consumed very hot water and swallowed a bit of it also.Because of that i am getting burning sensation inside my mouth , neck and tongue .Also some white stuff formed on my tongue and, inner part of my mouth has become bit white.Are there any tablets or medicine for it? or it will heal by itself in 1 or 2 days.Kindly advise me on this. Thanks in advance, Vishal
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012
There is nothing to worry and follow the following things 
Avoid foods that are "sharp" in taste and texture. Spicy foods can increase pain, and sharp foods, such as chips or nut brittle, can aggravate a lesion.
Treat the burn or lesion with an local mouth analgesic containing benzocaine. Apply the medication directly to the burn to protect as well as heal.
the burn should heal in couple of days.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ashwini Kolur's  Response

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

There will be slight burning in the mouth and in pharynx due to drinking hot fluids. As you have mentioned you have consumed very little of it, need not worry. It usually heal by itself in a day or two.

No medication is presently required. I advice you not to consume hot fluids and food, and also spicy food for few days. Avoid alcohol for few days.

White patch which you have mentioned, i think it has nothing to do with drinking hot fluids, it might be due to the food that you have taken.

In case of pain in the mouth you can use over the counter drug that is mucaine gel for local application.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.