What consent of mine, if any, would you need as my GP to refer me to a specialist for potential participation in a clinical trial?

What consent of mine, if any, woud you need as my GP to refer me to a specialist or other doctor for potential participation in a clinical trial? This is before any records xfer which I know would need my consent and signing of a HIPPA document. Can you refer me and give them my name/# without any signing of documents/informed consent since you re my doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Participation in clinical trial is possible only with consult of the individual/trial subject.However it becomes unlawful if you are forced to consent or if any medicine is tested on you without your consent.Hope this helps.Take care.