What causes the fishy smell during sex ?

what causes the fishy smell during sex
Asked On : Wed, 11 Aug 2010
Hello Heather;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The cause of fishy smell during sex is due to infection in vagina causing discharge to smell so you need to get that treated.Also it is important to treat the male partner because the male partner is most of the time carrier of the infection.Once both of you are treated the smell will disappear.So consult a doctor and get the treatment prescribed.
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query

Fishy smell normally comes from the vaginal secretions, it might be normal in some people but in others there could be a vaginitis. I suggest u send a culture of the secretion inclusing for fungus

Have a healthy living