What causes swelling in the abdominal region ? How can it be treated ?

Hi! The right side near my belly button is a little bigger than my left. It is not noticeable to other people since they can t see it from the top like i could. but i could definitely see the difference. Also a little below my rib cage, the left side is bigger than the right. I ve searched on the internet the possible causes for this but everything seems to lead to pregnancy . I can t be. Since I have been having my periods (in fact, I just had it last week), and I had an ultrasound yesterday, which also said that I was not. Pregnancy test also said negative. Sometimes I also have pains that come and go in those areas which i said were bigger. Also, sometimes my back hurts.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Hello There..
Welcome to healthcare magic forum..
You said you have got a ultrasound done??Did it show anything abnormal??
I think if there were any pathology than ultrasound would be able to pick it up..
I would suggest you to consult a surgeon who would be able to guide you properly.
Hope this helps..
Take care..
  Anonymous's Response
the only thing the doctor said was that my uterus was inverted. nothing else. no masses or enlargement.
  Anonymous's Response
sorry.. i meant retroverted. my uterus is retroverted. according to the doctor.