What causes stammering in front of unknown people ? How is this problem treated in children ?

i have problem of stammering from my childhood..nw i am of 18 years old...though i do not stammer among frnds but when a stranger or any teacher or unknown person interacts with me...i starts hammering very much..and as it is very insulting to me..i have reduced my interections with unknown people and teachers....but i want to live a normal life and want to speak fluenty like everyone does....SO I WANT to know is there any cure of stammering???? should i consult with any counsellors or psychiatricts??? plzzzz help me...m in need of seroius co-operaton..!!
Asked On : Thu, 24 Nov 2011