What causes sharp throbbing pains in the temple, behind the ears and around the head ?

Hi, I ve just turned 22 (I m female, by the way). The pains include sharp and throbbing pains in my temples, behind my ears, around my head and eyes and the top of my neck. They can last for up to an hour and continue throughout the day, paracetamol and ibroprofen doesn t help. I ve also just realised my tragus is slightly swollen and painful (non-pierced). Not sure what it means, but maybe this has caused it: My sleeping pattern revolves around my boyfriend s shifts, I wake up at around 3pm and sleep at 6am. I m overweight , but I eat about 2-3 times a day (not really healthy food) and get stomach cramps because of it. My mother was diagnosed with arteritis about 6 months ago and I wondered if my symptoms were anything to do with that. Also, last week I had sharp cramps where I guess my ovaries sit. I hoped you could help diagnose what s wrong.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Aug 2011