What causes red and sore inner lips with brown spots on back of throat?

hello
I have been experiencing some discomfort in my throat I took a look in the mirror and the inner part of my lips and mouth is red and sore. I also noticed that the back of my throat has brown spots all over it. My tonsils were removed at 12. Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Jan 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

As per your complain discomfort in throat along with brown spots seems to be due to throat infection leading to Granular Pharyngitis and soreness and redness in lips and mouth seems to be due to Stomatitis caused due to throat infection..
Nothing to worry as the condition is treatable and you can consult an ENT expert and get evaluated and a throat swab culture can help in confirmation of cause..

-You can be given antibiotics like Augmentin or Azithromycin along with anti-inflammatory painkiller like Ibuprofen..

-You should do warm saline gargles..

-You can gargle with numbing mouthwash containing Lignocaine...

-You can also take Vitamin B complex supplements to relieve mouth inflammation..

-Avoid spicy foods..

-Drink plenty of water..

Hope this information helps..

Regards.