What causes pus from lumps in the nipples and how is it treated ?

Hi i m 24 years old and a mother of 10 months boy. I have noticed a small bean sized lump on my nipple and on pressing it puss came out of it. Nowadays my son is biting nipples a lot is this due to the biting. Please confirm ?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011
Welcome to HCM
Good Day
Yes. The infection is due to his biting mostly. You can apply antibiotic cream under medical supervision and prevent breast feeding for 2-3 days till it heals. Wash your nipples after treatment before breast feeding.