What causes poor memory and low IQ in children ? How are these treated ?

my son is about 10yrs old.he had suffered from neumonia and jundice during his birth i am seeing that his iq is very low and memory is very poor.he is not active in his friends circle also.his wt. is about pls suggest me.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jul 2011
Psychiatrist, Child 's  Response
Dear Pramod,
The developmental history of your child is very important in your child's case.
It is advisable to go for IQ assessment first and than after decide the future plan for child.
Consult child psychiatrist for further guidacne.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
His weight is alright.
You have to train him patiently,teach him how to make friends,taken interest in the surrounding,
If possible keep a trainer,he will teach reading,writing,speech etc.
Give some high nourishing diet,dry fruits,veg. soup,fresh fruits.
Consult psychiatrist for increasing IQ and brain tonic medicines.
ok and bye.