What causes numbness on the palate while treating strep throat?

I went to the clinic because i felt on odd tingling sensation on the roof of my mouth. i was diagnosed with strep throat and have been on my antibiotics of 9 days now. The roof of my mouth feel numb and i can feel little bumps on the roof of my mouth. What could this possibly be and is there nything over the counter I can try that may help this?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Jul 2017
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

Tingling sensation and bumps on the roof of the mouth or the palate can be most probably due to inflammation caused due to Infection if the Infection is not completely resolved.
.
Other cause can be sinus infection..

You should continue with the prescribed course of antibiotics,start doing warm saline gargles and take anti inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen..

In case if the symptoms does not improve consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated..

Hope this helps..

Regards .