What causes malaria and can artesunate combination therapy treat it effectively ?

hi doc, i have being a regular visitor of your site and i must say u r doing a tremendous job out here. i am a 31 year old nigerian an last month (july) i got tested for both malaria and typhoid and posidtive i was for the both of them (malaria was 2+ whatever that means). i got hospitalized (with IV treatment) for about 3 days with fever or chills. after treatment i went back for confirmation test and discovered that malaria is still 2+ in me. doctor has prescribed artesunate combination thereapy but a little bit sceptical about the procedure. is there something you can tell me about my situation? Thanks kelachi Kejeh
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011