What causes itchy red bumps on butt and private parts?

My 2 year old daughter had red bumps on her butt last week, we took her to the drs he said it was dry skin. he gave an anti fungal and dryness cream to apply. now she has red bumps on her private as of this morning and can't stop itching. what could it be?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Mar 2014
Dec 2013

I can understand your concern for itchy red bumps on butt and private parts. There can be multiple possibilities of the itchy red bumps on butt and private parts and it requires a close physical examination to diagnose the exact entity of the problem.

In my view correlating with the facts you have provided it appears to be fungal infection of the area.

I suggest you to meet a dermatologist to for proper therapy. In between you should wash the area properly. If I were your dermatologist then presumptively would have preferred to apply an antifungal cream such as clotrimazole or miconazole. You can take an antihistamine such as loratadine for once a day if itching is present.

Do not try to pinch, pop or squeeze the area as it may cause secondary infection of the area.

All the best

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.