What causes iron deficiency?

i constantly have a low iron count and if i take iron, for some reason by body does not absorb it. also i was given two units of blood, in which my body did not take it. what could be the reason for all this? am i just going to have to learn to live with it?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Mar 2014
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, there are many reason behind the iron deficiency, like chronic infection, worm infestation, bleeding (heavy menses ), leaking of blood (oozing) these are the most likely conditions and that need to be investigated, from the clinical condition alone it is difficult to judge, hope this information helps you, have a nice day.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.