What causes high BP & how to lower it ?

How can I lower my blood pressure and what causes high blood pressure ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Often there is no determined cause of high blood pressure (>140/90). There are some less common causes of high blood pressure (search secondary hypertension). The best way to lower blood pressure is by medications unless you are overweight. People who are overweight can normalize their blood pressure by lowering their BMI (body mass index) to 25 or less. But if you have a BMI of 25 and your blood pressure is over 140/90 then medications are the way to go.