What causes herniated disc and how can it be treated ?

I hqave 2 herniated disc with leg and arm pain and numbness . I am in really bad pain, what do you suggest ?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
  Anonymous's Response
greetings from healthcae magic,
here is doctor answering your question.Thanks for askin this question.
back ecercises by a wel rained physiotherapist.consult neurosurgoen.
aslo ware belts
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Depending upon the severity of your Symptoms, the treatment for Herniated Disc includes Physical Therapy, Muscle relaxant, pain and antiinflammatory medications. If necessary, you may also want to get Local Steroid injections if the symptoms are interefering with your daily activities. In few cases surgery like Microdiscectomy or open surgical repair would be necessary. Consult your Orthopedist and discuss your condition with him. Get adequate rest and avoid any back injuries.
Good Luck.