What causes heavy menstrual cycles and irregular cycles ? How are these treated ?

Hi I am 33 yrs old, married, I am facing irregular periods after marriage. because of over bleeding (15days)I had done DNC 5 months before. after that i had periods once only now again bleeding for more than 13 days. Based on Dr advise I took ULTRA SOUND, it says, uterus is normal size. Endometrium shows thickened inhomogeneous echoes measuring approx 17.0 mm (bleeding PV). Right Overy is bulky and measured approx 3.7 x 2.1 x 3.3 cm (vol of approx 13 cc. left ovary normal size. both adnexae are clear. there is no free fluid obvious pelvic adenopathy . ADV: clinical correlation please advise can I do DNC again or it can be controlled in taking hormonal tablets for some period and will it affect in future and wee are planning for baby also. please give us best advise. Thanks anu
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011