What causes hair loss ? Why is my brown hair turning red ?

Hello, I just turned 14 at the end of November. First; I have naturally brown hair but Its turning red ish. And my hair is starting to fall out. Not in big clumps, but when i run a comb through it, its NOT knotty but a lot of hair comes out.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hello dear,
hair fall upto 100 per day is considered normal.however if you feel its more than your usual fall rate it could be because of dandruff, recent change in diet or hormonal changes or coz of stress.

Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
hello dear, hairfall at the age of 14 is disturbing you need to visit a good trichology centre near ur place.Richfeel is one that I can suggest.
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response

as u stated u r findiing change in your hair color that shows that u are not having a nutritious food diet , include lots of vitamins, protein rich food.....
but to stop hairfall you need to start with homoeopathic medicnes which will help to stop the hairfall and regrowth of new hair .
you have just started with hairloss so the expected results will be good , but do not delay it . these medicnies are very safe , effective and natural

wish u good heath always !!
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi...dear user.,
Thanks for choosing HCM.,
Colour of hairs are due to...Change of pigmentation at matrix,
Uneveness of surface, it leads to refraction of light, and finally..,
appearance of air bubbles in the canitis..,
cause is Heredo-familial, Endocrianl disorders, exessive use of chemicals..,
on the hairs..,or chronic disorders..,
hence first evaluate the cause and follow accordingly..ok....
consult good dermatologist....he can guide you in right way ok...good luck.,
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
I don't think you should bother much if you are loosing 10 -20 hair a day,because its pretty normal to loose that many hair.These many hair usually grow back also.If you are loosing 80 and above and you have strong family history for baldness then you should take some treatment.There are lot of options like minoxidil sol,finestride etc .Just take a good diet and a good sleep at rich in high protein should help you.
take care,