What causes frequent urination at night and thickened bladder walls ? What medication can be used to treat these conditions ?

My 8 year old daughter has been for an ultrasound today as she has had day and night time wetting for last 4 years. the sonographer says she has a very thick bladder wall and this is more than likely the cause. What does this mean ? She is on 50mg Trimethoprim nightly as she has had a few UTI s and up until recently was on Oxybutynin which was stopped as did not have any effect after 2 years. She did have a period of being dry at night when alot younger but now am at the end of my tether with it all.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Jan 2011