What causes fever and foamy stools ?

my daughter is 4 months old,she is having fever and passing stool with a foamy water, plz. suggest me what to do/ dr. asked for blood test
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jul 2011
,   ,  
hi welcome to health care you said she had fever means infection or from how many days she had these complaints?you should go for stool examination or blood test to confirm the diagnosis.
Pediatrician Dr. Taher Kagalwala's  Response
Dear Poonam,

At this juncture, I would not worry about a blood test, and to start with, you need not even go for a stool test, unless your doctor wants to consider cholera in the diagnosis. The season is for viral gastro, so all you need to do is to continue breastfeeding, and offer the child sips of water that contains oral rehydration salts (ORS). Such ORS sachets are available all over India, and you need to put the contents of a small sachet in 200 ml of clean water (not necessary to boil), and give this solution sip after sip to prevent her from losing the vital body fluids and salts. In addition, she may need medication, for which, and to decide if any tests are needed, you need to visit a pediatrician.