What causes elevated liver enzymes?

I have had liver enzymes that are high for about 3 years. I am 70 years old, 5;1 , 140 lbs. I have fatty liver and liver cysts shown on ultra sound . Enzymes are usually between 113 and 160. Blood sugar readings are usually 134 to 150 fasting. I take onglyza and metformin now. I also take diltiazam for heart palpatations and two eye drops for glaucoma, Lumigan and cosopt. I m wondering if the Onglyza is making the enzymes worse...they haven t ben below 113 in months now. I m also wondering if it would be wise to try the Plexus probio5 and plexus slim.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Feb 2015
Oct 2016
Thanks for posting this question on HCM!
I really appreciate your concern for the elevated liver enzymes.
Incomplete data.
Fatty liver with elevated enzymes indicate some sort of liver injury most commonly caused by alcohol. In absence of history of alcohol intake the drugs mentioned above are less likely to raise the liver enzymes.
Lumigan and cosopt are used as eye drops in the treatment of glaucoma, they are less likely to have any harmful effects on the liver.

You are advised to consult a physician for proper evaluation and treatment for the elevated enzymes may be you need Vitamin E or other antioxidants.

Best regards/1