What causes dry patches to appear on the penis and how can it be cured ?

Okay, so this is a sexual health or skin care question. Just warning you... So over that past couple weeks (or more), I’ve noticed these dry patches on my penis (on the circumcision scar tissue only). They don’t hurt, they’re not “red-ish”, bleed, or generally itch. They started appearing after I went through a more stressful time in my life and found myself either having more sex (safe) or masturbating far more often than usual (once a day, generally). At one point, they were sort irritating but that feeling has gone away since I started putting some Vaseline onto the tissue (and even without). Now I’m starting to notice that not only are they coming back only when there is some sort of friction against the scar tissue itself, but also that I can see the skin that would become chapped (or has been chapped). It looks different than the rest of the scar tissue… it’s more pinkish. I can t match it to any STD, but I also can t find too many well described cases on the internet. Any thoughts? Additional info: I live a very warm climate and I don t normally wear very tight clothes.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jul 2011