What causes discoloration of hair in a 5 month old ?

hi my baby is five months old an is having discoloring on her hair line what could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
When you mention discoloration is it white or reddish? Is there any other symptoms as well? Many conditions like seborrhic dermatitis, vitiligo etc., needs to be ruled out. Please take her to her pediatrician who would be able to diagnose and guide you further.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
What other symptoms does your child have? Have you immunized her with all the necessary vaccines? May be it is a Macular rash typical to Measles which begins near the hair line and spreads to other parts of the body and normally fades in the same fashion. But you will have to get her examined by a Pediatrician to confirm it as she may need Routine supportive care of maintaining hydration and anti pyretics.

Good Luck.