What causes dark dry ulcers on the lips ? How can they be prevented from spreading ?

Hello, I m a 24 year old woman and I m a smoker... I happened to have a dry dark patch on my upper lip 2 months ago due to a slight burn caused by a cigarette , which is still there. It isn t itchy, flakes do not come off and it isn t numb. It feels like sand paper when i touch it with my tongue... I realized that if i licked my lips, it would worsen so i stopped licking my lips.. and it started healing but just yesterday it started growing again and rapidly! Now, it s slightly itchy too and i feel its spreading quite quickly... could you please help me out with this... I thought it was eczema and applied a little dermovate cream several times, not regularly however. I m quite stressed about this...
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jul 2011