What causes car sickness and how can it be prevented ?

ok, so i get dizzy and nauseous when i have taken long car rides and especially when we stop to buy gas at the gas station or when i am doing anything on the bus even thinking on the bus makes me want to vomit, and now i feel like if this continous i won t be able to drive. is there something wrong with me. i am 15 turning 16 and i am a girl if this will help in any way. and also i have had this problem since i was little, my parents didn t think much of it but when ever we travel out of town we have to stop by the road for me to vomit at least once.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011

Welcom to HealthcareMagic forum.

This is a common problem and many people face this .This is called as motion sickness as to whenever one travels he experiences these symptoms.If it is a long distance travel you could take a Tab DOMSTAL one tab half an hour before you start your journey, this prevents vomiting.Also keep your stomach light,as in do not over eat /feel heavy ad immediately set out.

If you have this daily,then avoid A.C cars/vehicles, drink some water whenever you feel the symptoms, allow fresh air inside the vehicle, lower the window glasses,you could also chew some lozenges,this helps a lot in controlling nausea and vomit.