What causes boils in children under age of 2 years?

Hi, my daughter is two years and has boils around the face and head what might be the cause of all this please advice
Asked On : Mon, 14 Feb 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Hi
boils in children are most probably bacterial infection n usually need topical or oral antibiotics.It is spread by contaminated hands since children r more prone to touch dirt n dust while playing n hav low immunity during 0-8 yr.they even may catch it from friends siblings or parents.also contaminated oil massages shud b avoided.
Hand washing with simple soap n water is the best way to prevent infections.
Thnx
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.The reason could some skin infection which could be viral in nature or acquired from some body else.Ther are infective so that fluid coming out from them lead to spread in the surrounding area.Please take proper care in form of local as well as oral antibiotics.Please talk to your doctor about this.maintain good local hygeine.
wishing her good health.
Pediatrician Dr. Partho Sarathi Roy's  Response
Hi
Welcome to HCM,
The cause of Boils and Impetigo is bacteria (steptococcus and staphylococcous)and commonly occours in rainy season.Treatment depends upon the sensitivity of the drugs to the patient.
thanks.