What causes a prolapsed bladder?

while showering I noticed my bladder is bulging through my vagina. I had bladder repair in 2005 along with complete hysterectomy. I have no pain or any other symptoms. I am 71 years old so menopause is long past. since it is the weekend and I was planning a trip to Disney with kids and grandkids I did not want to alarm anyone until I know how serious this can be and how it will affect our plans. Thank you for your reply.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Jun 2017
Hi
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Prolapsed bladder can be due to various causes like trauma while having childbirth or excessive straining like constipation or weight lifting or due to muscle weakness from old age. It can worsen if not taking treatment. Mild to moderate stages can be managed conservative. Pessaries are helpful in some. Local estrogen creams are helpful also. You can also do kegels exercises. A consultation with urologist is well appreciated. A cystourethrogram might be required to know the extent of the problem. If it is not severe then you can go and enjoy your holidays with out any problem.
Thanks.