What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm?

What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm,it comes and goes.Also, I have been having problems with my stomach.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011
thanks for choosing health care majic.Pain underneath the arm means you want to tell that you have pain in your left arm and lt.side of chest.See there could be several reason for it.The nature of pain suggest that there is some stretching of nerves or swelling in muscle fibers.Apply some local analgesic oint and take some mild analgesics orally,.it this does not solve your problem see your doctor and get your self examined .