What cause of ear lobe is swelling ?

yes hi I m 17 and I m in good health and my ear one is swelling i don t know y its happen can it be listening to music to much ?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Aug 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Is there pain, redness and swelling present of the affected ear lobe. If yes, it could be due to infection called otitis externa with possible chondritis associated. It can occur due to excessive cleaning of the ears and also possible by using irritating ear plugs. You should avoid use of those ear phones. Apply cool pack on the area to get relief from pain and swelling. You need to consult ENT Surgeon to examine you and prescribe antibiotics if necessary. Otherwise pain killers may help under medical supervision only.