What cause of anxiety,dizziness fluid retention and depression ?

I am having some really bad up and down cycles ie anxiety , energy, extreme fatigue, fluid retention and the fluid loss(with thirst), headaches, dizziness , visual probs and heaps of other things(weigh seems to go up and down depending on fluid retention, I am not overweight but I have problems losing weight).I also get a feeling of being choked but not everyday- thyroid blood tests were fine.My mother has hashimotos. I have been seeing drs for a number of years with no luck (they all try to suggest depression and I am not depressed). I found a new dr that ran morning ACTh and cortisol levels that lead to and Endocrine appointment. Results (taken at 8am)ACTH 10 (range 10 to 50 ng/l) to little to register? Cortisol 260nmol/l (range 200 to 600) Endocrinologist said this was nothing to worry about but I pushed for a ACTh stim test So I had a high dose ACTH stim test and the results were only just ok Baseline:-ACTH 13 (range 10 to 20),Cortisol 321 (normal 200 to 600 for am) At 30 mins Cort 458 At 60 min Cort 508 Dr said these were ok but she said the Cort should of gone over 550. So they ran the low dose ACTH a few weeks later and I responded even better to this but extreme low ACTH Baseline ACTH 10 (range 10 to 50) Cort 315 (range 200 to 600 for am) At 30 mins Cort 630 At 60 mins Cort 630 (no change). But during this test my hand went blue/purple/cold and I got little shivers. This test was extremely stressful as they could not draw blood and I had to be jabbed several times and also screamed a few times! The dr thinks my results are normal even though ACTH is too low to register a value. The dr has advised that I don t have to worry about ACTH levels if cortisol is ok!! Now I am stuck as that is all they will do. Any ideas folks? I don t think it is addisons but my symptoms match, I don t know if I have pigmentation as I have very dark freckles (they have yet to fade even though I am 34).I am thinking an ACTh deficiency or some kind of adrenal insufficiency. Should I be worried about these ACTH levels? I have been cleared of diabetes and thyroid test were fine.I am thinking I pushed for the wrong tests and should of went the insulin stress test or metopirone overnight test.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Jan 2011