What can i do to treat an itchy mole ?

I HAVE A MOLE ON MY BACK THAT HAS BEEN ITCHING FOR ABOUT A WEEK IS THAT SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
How long has the mole been there. Is it recent. It could be dangerous especially if it has increased in size, changed in colour. You need to show to the Dermatologist to be safe. Do not delay.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Some of the long standing moles are known to turn malignant. Itching need not be of any consequence, but it will be a good idea to get it examined by a surgeon. Usually moles which increase in size within a short period of time need to be watched and if necessary may need excision.