What can deep purple discharge with hint of brown from my vagina be ?

a strange weird color that i never saw from my body hi today is march 24 2011 it is 3:50 and im 18 turning 19 in september. about 30 mins ago i went to the washroom to brush my teeth clean my face and go to bed but what i notice to feel was somthing in my underware was the feeling of my period so i was releaved but it came a day early so i went to wipe and i always check but this time it wasnt a red color it was more of a deep purple with a hint of brown and it was thin and not thick too as it usually is with me ive never had this before if you can give me any insight of what i should do plz write something for it im scared and its to early to call my mother and my dad isnt a secret women
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
It is normal to have a slightly brownish discharge just before your periods. It indicates coming out of the old blood.Do not worry. Your normal period will start in a day or two.There is nothing to worry.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal