What can cure heart palpitations ? please suggest

iv had em for years on and off first i didnt understand what was happning but then i found out the name etc IV HEARD THEY R NOT DANGEROUS ONLY IF U HAVE HEART PROBLEMS ETC USUALLY ITS JUST DUE TO STRESS DIET ETC IS THIS TRUE? RECENTLY AT NIGHT WEN I GO TO BED LIE DOWN I GET EM ALOT ITS LIKE I CANT FEEL IT MUCH ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN IT FEELS LIKE BLOOD IS RUSHING DOWN BOTOM OF MY THROAT HAS NEBODY FELT LIKE THIS IT STOPS AND STARTS AGAIN WHY IS IT THIS HAPPNING DOES NEBODY KNW WHY? IM SCARED BUT I HAVE HAD EM FOR YEARS AND NUFFINS HAPPND PPL SAY ITS NOT DANGEROUS
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Palpitations are generally a symptom of anxiety and often become worse the more anxious a person gets. They can be very unpleasant though on their own not life threatening. Simple deep breathing exercises can reduce this symptom. Take a very deep breath, hold it for 10-15 seconds and exhale very slowly through the mouth in a blowing fashion. Repeating this exercise every so often (though not every breath) can slow down the heart rate and reduce the amount of adrenaline circulating around the body. Adrenaline is a stimulating hormone, when released into the bloodstream at times of heightened anxiety can speed up the heart rate. These breathing exercises can help reverse this process. It is however important to have your condition checked out by your Doctor as soon as you can to rule out any other possible cause. If it is due to anxiety s/he will help identify any cause (if any) and prescribe or recommend appropriate treatment. Treatments can range from medication; primarily a beta-blocker - a non-addictive drug used to slow the heart rate down, to psychological and behavioural therapies. As for your throat sensations, I have never heard of the 'rushing blood' experience, but often people with extreme anxiety describe the feeling of not being able to swallow easily. Again, your Doctor will advise Hope this helps