What can cause swollen legs and sudden weight gain in a 40+ male ?

I am age 43 Male. I have very normal food habits, nothing excessive, no smoking, minimal drinking (that too mostly fine wines once in 15 days). My work however involves a lot of sitting down on the computer. I do a lot of international travel (nearly 10 days each month leading to late night flights, irregular food schedule etc). My blood tests are normal, no excessive sugar or cholestrol (although cholestrol is just at the edge). I have gained sudden weight in last 6 months. (10-15kgs) and feel very sluggish. Coz my work, I cant find time to go to the gym (used to earlier) although I try to walk everyday. Lately, I am experiencing swelling on my feet, especially after long flights and if I am unable to sleep well. My sleep pattern also seems disturbed. I am writing this mail 3am in the morning. What tests would you recommend and what could swollen feet indicate. As soon as I go for a long walk, they subside. But when I get up in morn, it is quite uncomfrotable. I have actually not needed a doctor for the last 15 yeats for anything, except a serious knee ligament surgery owing to a fall last year. In my opinion, it was this surgery that sparked off this condition as it took almost 6-7 months to fully recover, my gym exercise stopped and I am unable to get back to exercise. . Pls advise. My height is at 5.5 and werght nearly 90kgs now and I cant understand why it is increasing despite very minimal food habits. I feel very guilty about this but unable to resolve this. My age is 43 (a dangerous age) and many people around me are getting heart disease and diabetes . Just a little worried. Pls recommend the top-most lab I can get tests done in PUNE and what sort of a Doctor (specialist) should I consult. What blood tests should I get done immediately.?
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011